Win an Annual Membership to the Eco Wheel Scheme, as well as a free Folder Pack!
COMPETITION TIME! We are very excited to offer you a chance to win a free annual membership to the Early Years Eco Wheel Scheme, as well as a free Folder Pack – worth a total of £70.
Designed for the Early Years, by the Early years, the Eco Wheel scheme provides a sustainability framework to help your setting transition to a more environmentally friendly operating position. The Eco Wheel provides you with a structured, step-by-step guide to sustainability and focusses on 8 core areas that we have identified where Early Years Settings can become more sustainable. These include:
- Buildings (incl. Energy)
- Single Use Plastics (Incl. Nappies)
- Janitorial and Personal Care
- Play Resources and Equipment
- Transport and Trips
- Nurturing Nature
The Eco Wheel Scheme consists of:
- A blank Eco Wheel Poster – used to map your baseline, set targets, and track your progress.
- 8 R’s Poster – Outlines the 8 R’s of sustainability which should be considered in order to assess options and agree on appropriate actions/ solutions for your setting.
- Journey Documents – These explain the actions needed to improve at each stage of the wheel. The Journey Documents and linked to Impact Documents which aim to provide you with a brief overview of the issues at hand.
- Supporting Information – These will teach you more about the issues considered at each element of the Wheel. Supporting information is provided in the form of posters, book suggestions, websites, and useful data.
- Action Plan Template – Allows you to logically organize your actions to ensure your journey is a success.
- ‘Sharing the Message’ ideas and templates – These can be used in conjunction with the ‘Journey Documents’ to provide ideas and guidance regarding sharing the message with colleagues, parents and the wider community.
- Get access to our resident climate expert – You can ask them any questions about climate change or sustainability that you may have.
- Get regular Eco Tips in your inbox – These will provide guidance and help you tackle different areas of the Eco Wheel.
When you become a member, you will also become part of a community of Early Years settings who care deeply about our planet and want to see the Early Years lead the way in sustainability. After all, just as we have a duty to safeguard the children in our care, we have a duty to safeguard our planet.
To enter and for a chance to win, all you need to do is:
- Enter your details in the Entry Form below
- LIKE and SHARE our post on Facebook (which can be found here)
We will only accept one entry per person, but multiple people from one setting can enter to increase your chances of success.
You have until Thursday 3rd of March to enter! The winner will be picked at random on the 8th and an email confirmation will be sent out. Alternatively head over to our social media pages to find out who won! Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions Apply:
11/02/2022 – 03/03/2022
Terms and Conditions:
By entering our give away, you agree to the following terms and conditions. To enter, please complete the entry form with all your relevant information, as well as liking and sharing our Give Away post on Facebook (we will check). We will accept only one entry per person, with all additional entries disqualified. However, multiple people from one setting can entry to increase your chances of success. We will randomly select the prize draw winner using a randomized computer generator from all entries. Once the prize winner has claimed their prize, we will set up membership to the Eco Wheel website and mail out the Folder pack. The winner will need to be a registered UK Childcare provider to claim the prize.
The winner will be notified by email via the address provided in the entry form within 7 days of the competition closing date. The winner will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within the allotted timeframe, then the promoter holds the right to withdraw prize entitlement and instead issue the prize to a reserve winner who shall be drawn at the same time as the original.
Any personal information provided by the entrants within the entry form will be kept secure and will be used in line with the General Data Protection Regulation act.